Monday 19 December 2011

And it's goodbye from her...


Today's my last working day of 2011... Anna's going to be taking the helm and steering u-ni-k into Christmas Eve and then we'll both disappear off for Christmas & reappear refreshed and bubbly in 2012!

So, I'd like to take the chance to look back at the last 9 months & thank a few of the people that have inspired, helped and cajoled Anna & I to where we are today.

Over a year ago in The Lighthouse in Woking, Anna, the other NCT Mummies and I were all discussing our careers now that we were Mums. It was here that Anna and I agreed to join our creative ideas together.

So my first thanks goes to the NCT – without the sanity, hilarity and barmy grouping that was us Mums to be and our partners at “Preggers Anonymous Class of March '10”, I'd probably not have found Anna and started u-ni-k gifts. Actually I'd probably not have survived the first 12months of being a Mum without the support of these ladies either. THANK YOU !

While finding our feet and trying to contain our 'just launched' excitement; our friends and family were a fantastic resource of advice, networking support and guinea pig customers.
So thank you to our friends and family, we wouldn't be here without out you and your honest opinions! THANK YOU

You can follow u-ni-k here on the blog, by liking our Facebook page and on Twitter. Various people have helped us grow as a company and as people through these mediums.

A special thank you to Hele aka Milkpetal, Keri of Buy Student Art, and Susan of Fat Hen & Flo for their comments, support and follow on the blog.

A HUGE thank you to David Earp, Nikki Stock, Tony Liddicoat, Kathleen Hughes, Manami Ohki, Gary Liddicoat and Alessandra Maio Lewis for their likes, comments, and support on Facebook.

Not forgetting our Top 10 Twitter friends: @kev_brett, @mummy_loves, @K_erri, @ChicUniqueUK, @SFRProdReviews, @babysigningmum, @CharlieMoos, @CraftBlogUK, @MultipleMummy, and @SilverTouches. Thank you to you all.

There are so many more of our Facebook and Twitter friends we could mention, but for me these are the ones that really stood out and stepped up to help us in 2011. THANK YOU!

It's been an incredible year, not only online, at home, in the Christmas Markets and in the post office queues... but also in the press. We have loved working with and appreciate the mentions in ST Kids, The Telegraph, Selvedge, Families Magazine, Natural Health and not forgetting our world exclusive in the Woking News & Mail. Our sincere thanks to the journalists that put us in their publications: Daisy Bridgewater, Polly Leonard, Robina Cowan, Amie Coussens and Hannah Tudor.

So I finally come to our u-ni-k family; our friends and makers without whom we really are not much at all! So a quick mention to those who have really helped us this year:

The always fabulous David and the equally as fantastic Shuktara who enrich and brighten up our lives with the beautiful Shuktara blankets and of course David's sense of humour.

The stoic Markus & Britta in Borgholzhausen for their lovely wooden toys and for graciously not correcting my poor German. We really appreciate your quick turn around to our last minute orders and we love watching our children enjoy your warm wonderful wooden toys.

Louise of Little Silver Touches has been an inspiration, a hard working Mum who has been human, honest and not scared to answer the phone while the kids are shouting in the background :p. Louise has always tried to complete our orders by the date required, even when we can't always guarantee the prints to her by her deadline date. Louise you're a superstar, thank you for everything!

The lovely Helen Beard of well Helen Beard fame for her lovely ceramics, we treasure those whimsical sketches of hens, people and places. We appreciate you agreeing to share with us your new children themed pieces, all while being a fellow first time Mum! Thank you!

Last but by at no means least – Mandy of Belle & Boo. We love your drawings, clothes and nostalgic childhood memories that your Belle and Boo inspire. I particularly thank you for the Belle and Boo drawings – as I'm sure they'll remind me of my own Daughter and her constant companion BunnyBunny long after she's put BunnyBunny up on a shelf.

Saving the very best for last:

Anna & I were able to meet and discuss notes / ideas, take minutes of our meetings, sketch design, look in magazines and drink tea [Anna] / coffee [me post breast feeding]. Our nighttime work load was quite mind boggling for first time Mums, we've been tired and grumpy – our houses are a mess, our kids are a handful, and we've at least both lost a room and a bit to our u-ni-k stuff in our homes. So the biggest and best thank you goes to our partners and children for providing us the support to start the business and their continued patience / support ever since.

THANK YOU.

With that I sign off for this year. 

Merry Christmas one & all, May the New Year bring you health, happiness and sunshine!

Sarah x

All together now...

Bring me Sunshine, in your smile,
Bring me Laughter, all the while,
In this world where we live, there should be more happiness,
So much joy you can give, to each brand new bright tomorrow,
Make me happy, through the years,
Never bring me, any tears,
Let your arms be as warm as the sun from up above,
Bring me fun, bring me sunshine, bring me love.
Bring me Sunshine, in your eyes,
Bring me rainbows, from the skies,
Life's too short to be spent having anything but fun,
We can be so content, if we gather little sunbeams,
Be light-hearted, all day long,
Keep me singing, happy songs,
Let your arms be as warm as the sun from up above,
Bring me fun, bring me sunshine, bring me love.

No comments:

Post a Comment