Following on from his success both off screen and on screen, Theo Paphitis is supporting small businesses over on Twitter with his Small Business Sunday.
Each Sunday between 5pm & 7.30pm he gives small business users the chance to pitch their business to him for a chance of a retweet and inclusion on his SBS website.
Previous winners of #SBS have reported that endorsement from Theo Paphitis has provided their small business a much appreciated boost. The retweet usually benefits the business more Twitter and Facebook followers - increasing their market presence and resulting in more traffic to their website. This can often result in an increase sales!
#SBS winners also join an exclusive community of former winners who offer rewards, discounts and offers to their fellow small businesses.
If you're a small business owner who wants to enter #SBS, here are the tips the official SBS website provides:
What to do...
- Tweet about your business in 140 characters or less, directed to @TheoPaphitis, adding the hashtag #SBS.
- Tweet on a Sunday between 5.00-7.30 PM.
- Use humour and topicality if it feels natural to you.
- Feel free to add a link or web address in your tweet.
- Having a website increases your chances of being noticed.
- Ensure your profile sells your business and has a link to your website. Include a colourful graphic.
- It helps to know the names behind the business. #SBS is for small businesses. The personal touch is liked.
- Just tweet once in each weekly time slot.
- Look out for the re-tweets.
- If you are not chosen, don't despair and try again!