It's officially no longer summer.
On Saturday night the clocks went back an hour, bringing us into GMT and waving goodbye to British Summer Time. I love the theory that this gives me an extra hour, since the old 8am is now 7am and the Cbeebies bed time hour starts at 5pm – somewhere in the day I should be able to find an extra hour.
Well someone has stolen mine, I think maybe my husband's taken it!!
If I did have that extra hour, what would I do with it?
- I'm trying to sew a teddy bear from scrap material. I'd like to finish that.
- I need to knit 4 white mice before our first Christmas market [we sell them online as well]
knitted in bamboo these mice are very soft
- I really need to bake some bread, cupcakes, a christmas cake, welsh cakes and some leben kuchen to decorate the christmas tree.
- It'd be nice to make a serious dent in Mt. Washing [Mt. Ironing can wait!]
- Autumn tidy up of the garden is overdue
- I need to paint some shelves
- The garden gate needs painting as well
- We still have paintings that need hanging after the building work [it's been a year since that finished]
- There's always more website work to be done...
- Actually, what I would really like to do with my extra hour is drink a hot cup of coffee in peace!
Since I'm going to have to attempt all of the above without the extra hour, I'll be running off now to start at least 3 of the above – completing only one by the end of the week and generally feeling like there's more things on the to do list than on the 'got done' list.
Anyway, prioritise – urgent is not the same as important. So I'm off to spend some time with DangerBaby teaching her how to say 'halloween'.
Have fun with your extra hour!