Tuesday 21 June 2011

It's all about the Daddies too!

One of my friends is currently in Chelsea and Westminster hospital waiting to meet his first born. He and his lovely wife have been there for over 30 hours, and I think he doesn't have much left of his fingernails.  Surprisingly, I'm in a position to sympathise. I went in to hospital on a Saturday but DangerBaby didn't join us until the Tuesday, so I've tried to give some advice to help pass the time.

But I can't give any advice for how to combat his feeling of helplessness. I know that Daddy DayCare spent our time watching DVDs on the laptop, ordering in take away food and bringing me drinks of water. Otherwise he was on 'monitoring machine watch', he'd watch the baby heart beat machine and adjust the little devices to make sure we were all OK. Although it didn't help me much, having that sense of purpose meant I wasn't being asked how I was or if it hurt at every contraction.

Since I went into the HDU post birth, it was up to Daddy DayCare to check the baby had 10 fingers and 10 toes (and was otherwise all present and correct). And he did a stirling job at counting all the digits. He's been doing a stirling job ever since. We tried to make sure that he knew we were appreciative this Sunday, Father's Day here in the UK.

It's not just Father's Day that we remember to appreciate the Daddies. As Mummies, Anna and I had designed our website and shopping experience around fellow Mummies (not forgetting the Daddies but concentrating on the Mummies). To our surprise we have had more feedback from the Daddies than the Mummies, and they want some improvements! They like the stock and want the exact sample that they see there on the website. They know the gift they have chosen is perfect. So, since we listen to feedback we've launched our Purchase buttons so that they can have their gifts sent to them as soon as we can gift wrap them up. Because after all, it's all about the Daddies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment